This page relates to an older version 1.19 of Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards for Server & Data Center. See the documentation index for other versions, or for the Cloud version of Rich Filters.
Rich Filters 1.19 Release Notes
Time Series & Date Bar Charts based on Time Tracking values, custom colors for Smart Filters, drop support for IE11.
Rich Filters App on the Atlassian Marketplace
- Time Series & Date Bar Charts now support Time Tracking values
- Custom color picker for Smart Filters
- Dropped support for IE11
- Dropped support for Σ-values in Time Series
- Other minor improvements and fixes
See below for more details.
Time Series & Date Bar Charts now support Time Tracking values
Values based on Time Tracking fields (i.e. Original Estimate, Time Spent, and Remaining Estimate) are now available for use in Time Series and Date Bar Chart gadgets.
Custom color picker for Smart Filters
In addition to the predefined colors that were already available in Smart Filters, you can now select custom colors, including colors based on hex color codes.
Dropped support for IE11
In 2019, Atlassian announced that they will retire support for Internet Explorer (IE) 11. As a result, Jira 8.5 (Enterprise Release) is the last version supported on IE11.
To align with Atlassian's decision, we have decided to retire IE11 support in Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards as follows:
- Starting with Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards version 1.19.0, IE11 is not supported anymore. We stopped testing and fixing bugs that are specific to IE11, and we introduced new features that are not compatible with this browser.
- Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards 1.18.x is the last version series to support IE11. Support will continue until Jira 8.5 reaches end-of-life on October 21, 2021. During this time, we will fix critical and severe bugs only in patches for the 1.18 version.
The goal in taking this step is to guarantee that Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards leverages the latest technologies available to provide high performance and a great user experience.
Dropped support for Σ-values in Time Series
This feature was deprecated and disabled by default starting with Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards version 1.12.0, released on 2018-10-22 (see Rich Filters 1.12 Release Notes for more details). Starting with Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards version 1.19.0, the feature is completely removed.
Users can continue to use Σ-values in Rich Filters Statistics and Rich Filters Two-Dimensional Statistics gadgets, these continue to be supported and there is no plan to remove them in the future.
Supported Jira Versions
Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards version 1.19 is supported on Jira versions starting with 8.0.0. See Atlassian Marketplace for the latest Jira version compatibility information.
The app may be installed from the Atlassian Marketplace or from the Find new add-ons page of your Jira instance.
- Improvement: Add compatibility with Jira 8.15
- Fixed: Sometimes, export to PDF does not work correctly on Chrome/Linux
- Fixed: Export to excel crashes when the summary contains a vertical tab 0xb (decimal 11)
- Fixed: Crash in controller for None and illegal options
- Fixed: When restoring permalinks with deleted options, match mode is forgotten
- Fixed: Crash in statistic gadgets when a misconfigured Elements Connect field is used as statistic type
- Fixed: Rich Filter Statistics gadgets displays incorrect results for custom values using "was"/"was not" in their JQL configuration
- Improvement: Add dynamic filtering support for the Test Plans custom field provided by the Xray Test Management for Jira app
- Fixed: In Confluence, rich filter gadgets configuration form loads forever (applies only to Jira 8.17 and above)
- Fixed: When using date dynamic filters, warning messages are sometimes logged incorrectly
- Fixed: Log level for sub-tasks without parent should be reduced from WARN to INFO
- Fixed: The field type TP Progress provided by TestFLO - Test Management for Jira app is not displayed correctly in Rich Filter Results gadgets
- Improvement: Pagination mechanism for loading more efficiently the rich filter list in gadgets and on the configuration page
- Improvement: Allow users to easily export rich filter support & diagnosis data for more efficient exchanges with rich filters support
- Improvement: Jira administrators should be able to hide/disable issue actions at instance level
- Improvement: The version numbers of the installed Rich Filters app and its extensions should be available to non-admin users
- Improvement: Add compatibility with Jira 8.19
- Improvement: Improve the export rich filter support & diagnosis data mechanism
- Improvement: Add support for "Clone" issue action