This page relates to an older version 1.24 of Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards for Server & Data Center. See the documentation index for other versions, or for the Cloud version of Rich Filters.
Add Rich Filter Pie Chart gadgets to your interactive Jira Dashboard
By the end of this tutorial you'll know how to use the Rich Filter Pie Chart gadget and how to control the displayed data using a Rich Filter Controller gadget.
How to add Pie Chart gadgets
For this tutorial you need to already have created a Rich Filter with at least a Smart Filter and a dashboard with a Controller and preferably a Rich Filter Results gadget (with a couple of views) based on the Rich Filter. We have used the the Rich Filter and dashboard from the previous tutorial.
- In the Jira dashboard add one Rich Filter Pie Chart gadget.
- In the configuration of the gadget make sure you set the same Rich Filter you have selected in the other gadgets in the same dashboard (remember, this is what links together the gadgets in the same dashboard; a Controller controls all the gadgets that have the same Rich Filter as the Controller).
- Let's suppose we need to exclude the cancelled issues from the results (all issues having a non-empty resolution other than Fixed). In this case, in the Working Query write the JQL:
resolution in (empty, fixed).
- Pick Statistics Type Assignee
- Save the configuration
- The gadget will display a Pie Chart representing the Issue Count for each Assignee excluding the cancelled issues (because we have used the Working Query).
- If you click on the filters in the Controller you'll notice that the results displayed by the Pie Chart Gadget are impacted (the filter of the Controller is also applied).
In addition to statistics based on issue fields, the Rich Filter Pie Chart gadget can also display statistics based on Smart Filters and can aggregate results based on multiple criteria (Issue Count, Story Points, Time Tracking, etc).
In order to know everything about the Rich Filter Pie Chart gadget, have a look at Configuring the Rich Filter Pie Chart Gadget.
You can also go back to the top of the User's Guide to explore other topics.