The Rich Filter Statistics gadget displays the collection of issues grouped by a specific field/criteria. It is similar to JIRA’s built-in Issue Statistics Gadget, but it is based on a rich filter instead of a JIRA saved search and thus adds several new features:
- the collection of issues used for the statistics can be furthered filtered using Rich Filter Controller gadgets.
- the gadget itself can further refine the results by applying gadget-specific JQL we call a “working query”.
- the gadget can break down the results by an issue field or by a smart filter.
- the gadget can display multiple outputs at the same time (such as Issue Count and Story Points).
- the gadget’s title can be customized.
Configuring the Rich Filter Statistics Gadget
Edit the gadget configuration as described in the following table:
|Optionally, you can customize the title of the gadget. If left blank, the default title will be Rich Filter Statistics.|
Select the rich filter the gadget will use. This setting is mandatory.
Click on the Rich Filter button to display the list of rich filters; you can either scroll through or use the search box to find the filter you need.
The gadgets’ configuration forms only show the rich filters you are allowed to view. See the section on permissions for details.
The link in the description line below the Rich Filter button opens a new page with the configuration of the selected rich filter.
Also, when the gadget is in display mode, you can navigate directly to the rich filter of the gadget using the Rich Filter option in the menu at the top right of the gadget.
|The working query is a JQL query that is combined with the base filter of the rich filter before searching for issues. The working query is optional: if left empty, only the base JIRA filter and the quick filters affect the issues displayed.|
Select how to sort the values of your Statistic Type:
|Select whether the field values should be sorted in Ascending or Descending order.|
Select the outputs to be computed for each Statistic Type group. You can select up to 5 outputs at a time.
There are three kinds of possible values: