The Rich Filter Results Gadget displays a list of issues in a table. It is analogous to JIRA’s built-in Filter Results gadget, but it is based on a rich filter instead of a JIRA saved search and thus adds several new features:
- the content displayed can be further filtered using Rich Filter Controller gadgets.
- the gadget itself can further refine the results by applying a gadget-specific JQL that we call “working query”;
- the gadget can display multiple views of the Rich Filter (which can include computed columns, color highlighting, etc);
- the displayed issues can be updated directly from the dashboard using the Dashboard Issue Actions;
- the issues can be exported to Excel;
- the issues can be modified in bulk;
- the gadget’s title can be customized.
Configuring the Rich Filter Results Gadget
Edit the gadget configuration as described in the following table:
Optionally, you can customize the title of the gadget. If left blank, the default title will be Rich Filter Results.
Whether you set a custom title or leave the default, all rich filter gadgets will prefix their titles with the name of their rich filter, so you can see at a glance which gadgets are connected with each other.
Select the rich filter the gadget will use.
Click on the Rich Filter button to display the list of rich filters; you can either scroll through or use the search box to find the filter you need.
The gadgets’ configuration forms only show the rich filters you are allowed to view. See the section on permissions for details.
The link in the description line below the Rich Filter button opens a new page with the configuration of the selected rich filter.
Also, when the gadget is in display mode, you can navigate directly to the rich filter of the gadget using the Rich Filter option in the menu at the top right of the gadget.
The working query is a JQL query that is combined with the base filter of the rich filter before searching for issues. The working query is optional: if left empty, only the base base filter and the quick filters affect the issues displayed.
The working query is allowed to contain an
Here you can select the views (among the views defined in the Rich Filter) that will be displayed by the gadget. By default, all views are displayed (the option Show all views is selected).
The list of views to be displayed can be customized (the option Customize views). You can add, remove or reorder (drag and drop the vertical “grid”) the views to be displayed.
|Maximum Results||The maximum number of issues the gadget will display per page. The default is 10; it can be changed but it cannot exceed 50.|