This page relates to the Cloud version of Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards. Please see the documentation index for Server & Data Center versions.
By the end of this tutorial you will be able to configure and use Rich Filter Flexi Charts gadgets and to control the displayed data with a Rich Filter Controller gadget.
For this tutorial you need to already have created:
- a rich filter
- a dashboard with one Rich Filter Controller gadget based on your rich filter.
We have used the dashboard we worked with in the previous tutorial.
Add Rich Filter Flexi Charts gadgets
- Open the dashboard which is based on your rich filter, or build a new one. Add two Rich Filter Flexi Charts gadgets to the dashboard by clicking on the Add gadget button at the top right of the screen.
Click twice on the Add button to add two Rich Filter Flexi Charts gadgets.
The gadgets will be added to the left column of the dashboard. Move them to the top of the right column (sidebar), using drag & drop, if you want to have the same layout as in our example.
- In the configuration form of the first gadget select your rich filter.
- Leave Donut as Chart type (default option). Select Priority as Statistic type and Story Points as Value, then click on Submit.
The gadget displays a donut chart with the sum of the Story Points broken down by Priority.
- In the configuration form of the second gadget select your rich filter. Select Clustered Bar as Chart type, Status as Statistic type for the Primary breakdown, Priority as Statistic type for the Secondary breakdown, and Original estimate as Value, then click on Submit.
The gadget displays a clustered bar chart with the sum of the Original estimate broken down by Status and Priority.
- As always, if you activate quick filters in the Rich Filter Controller gadget (any combination of static, dynamic and smart filters), the other gadgets in the dashboard which are based on the same rich filter will be updated to use only the issues which satisfy the active quick filters.
In addition to statistics based on issue fields, the Rich Filter Flexi Charts gadget can also display statistics based on smart filters. We've seen an example of statistics based on a smart filter in the tutorial Add Rich Filter Statistics gadgets to your dashboard.
To learn more about the Rich Filter Flexi Charts gadget, have a look at its documentation page.