This documentation relates to version 1.7 of the Rich Filters Add-on for JIRA. Documentation for previous versions is available via the documentation index.
By the end of this tutorial you'll know how to use the Two Dimensional Rich Filter Statistics in order to display statistics by two criteria (JIRA fields and/or Smart Filters) and to control the displayed data using a Controller Gadget.
How to add Two Dimensional (2D) Rich Filter Statistics Gadgets
For this tutorial you need to already have created a Rich Filter with at least a Smart Filter and a dashboard with a Controller and preferably a Filter Result (with a couple of views) based on the Rich Filter. We have used the the Rich Filter and dashboard from the previous tutorial.
- In the JIRA dashboard add one Two Dimensional Rich Filter Statistics gadget.
- In the configuration of the gadget make sure you set the same Rich Filter you have selected in the other gadgets in the same dashboard (Remember, this is what links together the gadgets in the same dashboard; a Controller controls all the gadgets that have the same Rich Filter as the Controller).
- (OPTIONAL) Supposing that you want to exclude the cancelled issues from the results, in the Working Query write the JQL: resolution in (empty, fixed).
- For the X Axis Statistics Type, you can select any JIRA field or any Smart Filter (With Labels Tag Type) you have defined. For this example we select the Warnings smart filter we have already defined in the Rich Filter.
- For the Y Axis Statistics Type too, you can select any JIRA field or any Smart Filter (With Labels Tag Type) you have defined. For this example we select the Assignee JIRA Field.
- For the Values, keep the Issue Count (selected by default). Note that you could have changed this setting in order to output aggregated Time Tracking numbers, Story points or any other numeric value field.
- Save the configuration of your gadget.
- You'll notice that the gadget displays the Issue Count per Assignee and per criteria you defined in the Warnings Smart Filter (excluding the cancelled issues in case you have configured the Working Query). Also, the Controller in your dashboard impacts the data displayed by the gadget (the filters of the Controller are applied).
In order to know everything about Two Dimensional Rich Filter Statistics gadget, have a look at Configuring the Two Dimensional Rich Filter Statistics Gadget.
For the next tutorial, continue to Add Rich Filter Pie Chart gadgets to your interactive JIRA Dashboard.