This documentation relates to version 1.16 of Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards. Documentation for previous versions is available via the documentation index.
By the end of this tutorial, the Rich Filter Results gadget will display two distinct views of the issue list. A view is a list of fields to be displayed.
This allows you to display lots of information logically organized and to avoid horizontal scrolling. Also, depending on your context, you might define different views for different situations (in different meetings you might want to focus on different fields).
How to add multiple views to your Filter Results
For this tutorial you need to already have created a rich filter and a dashboard with one Controller and one Filter Results gadget based on the rich filter. We have used the rich filter and dashboard created in the previous tutorial.
- Open the configuration page of your rich filter.
- Once you are on the rich filter configuration page, click on the Views link on the left of your screen.
- Add a new view called Requester.
- In the view you have just created, add the columns: Issue Type, Key, Priority, Summary, Reporter, Status.
- Open/refresh the dashboard you already have and which is based on your rich filter, or create a new dashboard with one Controller and one Filter Results gadget based on your rich filter. The Rich Filter Results gadget displays the issues using the view (the list of columns) you have configured in the previous step.
- Go back to the Views section of your rich filter configuration page.
- Add a another view called Delivery.
- In the view you have just created add the columns: Issue Type, Key, Priority, Summary, Assignee, Status, Resolution.
- Refresh your dashboard. The Rich Filter Results gadget allows the users to switch between the two views you have defined.
Create new views with columns more relevant for your context.
You can create as many views as you wish and in each view you can add any column you want. You can reorder the columns within a view. You can also reorder the views.
For the next tutorial, continue to Use Working Queries.
In order to know everything about Views configuration in Rich Filters, have a look at Configuring Views.
To find out everything about using the Views in the Rich Filter Results gadget, see Configuring the Rich Filter Results Gadget.