The Rich Filter Smart Counters gadget displays multiple counters. The gadget is based on a rich filter and the counters are based on the clauses of a smart filter. The gadget works as follows:
- the gadget builds a collection of issues based on the rich filter's base query and on the active quick filters (which means the results can be refined using Rich Filter Controller gadgets);
- the gadget itself can further refine the results by applying a gadget-specific JQL that we call working query;
- the gadget computes counters based on the clauses of a smart filter; for each clause there will be a counter;
- the gadget can display results based on different values, like the number of issues (Issue Count) or the sum of number and time tracking fields (such as Story Points or Original Estimate);
- the gadget’s title can be customized.
Rich Filter Extensions
Rich filter extensions are separate Jira apps that can be installed on top of the Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards app to extend the rich filters and rich filter gadgets with new specific functionality.
New counter values are available if you add any of the these extensions:
Configuring the Rich Filter Smart Counters Gadget
Edit the gadget configuration as described in the following table:
|Title||Optionally, you can customize the title of the gadget. If left blank, the default title will be Rich Filter Smart Counters.|
Select the rich filter the gadget will use.
Click on the Rich Filter button to display the list of rich filters; you can either scroll through or use the search box to find the filter you need.
The gadgets’ configuration forms only show the rich filters you are allowed to view. See the section on permissions for details.
The link in the description line below the Rich Filter button opens a new page with the configuration of the selected rich filter.
Also, when the gadget is in display mode, you can navigate directly to the rich filter of the gadget using the Rich Filter option in the menu at the top right of the gadget.
|Working Query||The working query is a JQL query that is combined with the base filter of the rich filter before searching for issues. The working query is optional: if left empty, only the base Jira filter and the quick filters affect the issues used for the output.|
|Smart Filter||Select the smart filter. For each clause of the smart filter, the gadget builds a counter. If the smart filter has color tag types, then the gadget will use the configured colors in order to display the results. Otherwise, a default color will be used.|
|Show None||Select whether or not the gadget should also display a counter for the issues not matching any of the clauses of the smart filter.|
Select the output type to be used for each counter. There are five kinds of possible values: