This page relates to the Cloud version of Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards. Please see the documentation index for Server & Data Center versions.
In this section:
1. About the Rich Filter Simple Gauges gadget
The Rich Filter Simple Gauges gadget displays proportions derived from issue counts, numeric and time-tracking issue fields, custom values and custom ratios. The gadget is based on a rich filter and provides, among others, the following features:
- the collection of issues used for the calculations can be further filtered using Rich Filter Controller gadgets;
- the gadget itself can further refine the results by applying a gadget-specific JQL called working query;
- the proportions can be displayed in one of three ways: as a gauge, as a percentage and fraction, or as a percentage only (for simplicity, called gauges, regardless of the way they are displayed);
- for the same collection of issues, the gadget can display multiple gauges at the same time;
- each gauge can be configured in one of two ways:
- with a filter & value pair – the filter can be a predefined filter or any static filter; the value can be the number of issues (Issue Count), a numeric or time-tracking field (such as Story Points or Original Estimate), or a custom value; the proportion is computed as the sum of the values of the issues that satisfy the filter divided by the sum of the values of all the issues in the collection used by the gadget;
- with a custom ratio – a dedicated configuration object for ratio definitions.
- the content of the gadget can be exported to PDF, Excel (.xlsx), and CSV formats.
2. Configuring the Rich Filter Simple Gauges gadget
Edit the gadget configuration as described in the following table:
Select the rich filter the gadget will use.
Click on the Rich Filter button to display the list of rich filters; you can either scroll through or use the search box to find the filter you need.
The gadgets’ configuration forms only show the rich filters you are allowed to view. See the Rights and Permissions documentation page for details.
|Working query||The working query is an additional JQL query which is permanently applied on top of the base Jira filter and any active quick filters in the controller to further filter the issues the gadget will work with. The working query is optional: if left empty, only the base Jira filter and the quick filters affect the issues used by the gadget.|
|Gauge filters & values|
Configure the definition of each of the gauges to be displayed. You can configure up to 10 gauges in each gadget.
Each gauge can be configured in one of two ways: with a filter & value pair or with a custom ratio.
Two drop-downs are used to configure the gauges:
To sum up, to configure a gauge:
Select one of the following display options: